Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Session 14

First things first.
This session is an utter waste of time. Most of the words used here are very well-known to all of us. Ok, maybe some familiar words, but some of us (including me) would not know the exact meaning.
What I would do, therefore, is just mention the words for you to read them from NL.
Take it as homework.
I want to set a precedent here so that we can eliminate such sessions. In such cases, we can take up the next session that deals with the etymology. This way, we finish the book faster without compromising on the effort.

Remember people, it's very important to do something productive everyday. Let's not fool ourselves by just completing a session like this for the heck of it.

So, here starts the 'session'...

Talking about Liars

Did I hear someone say Shaleen???
No??? Ok, I might be hallucinating.

Notorious - You dont fool even some of the people. You have an unsavoury reputation.
Consummate - An artistic liar. You have perfected your skill and acheived mastery in lying. Priyank tries to do this, albeit unsuccessfully.
Incorrigible - Beyond redemption. You go right on despite the embarassment, and are often caught in your fabrications.
Inveterate - Too old to learn new tricks. Deep-roted habits. Telling lies is a frequent and customary activity. I'm sure I heard someone say Shaleen now. Harshal Mehra will vouch for this.
Congenial - An early starter. You have a long history, and probably started from the moment of your birth.
Chronic - No let-up. You lie continually, not on occasions. Over and over again....
Pathological - A strange disease. You are not concerned with the difference between truth and falsehood. You cant be cured.
Unconscionable - No regrets, no conscience, no guilt... saala dheeth hai.
Glib - Smooth! Lively imagination, ready tongue. You distort facts effortlessly. But people are suspicios of you because you are too smooth to be true.
Egregious - Your lies are vicious, hamrful, cold. They hurt! And your victims gasp in amazement and disgust.

That's it.
If you are wondering... bas itna hi tha??
Yes... itna hi tha.
And thats the point I was making in the beginning. Now, you all go back to NL and read it from there.
What I'll do next, however.

Well....... hmmmm.........

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now this is something really good. Found this post highly interesting. Well done Manas.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on you all lazy bones. I just spotted a mistake in this post... incorrect usage i mean.
Now what you all have to do is spot the mistake. It lies in the portion of this post before I start describing the words.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Shweta said...

AB kya kahen... lets see...

'Ok, maybe some familiar words, but some of us (including me) would not know the exact meaning.
'
Ye kuchh theek sa nahi sound karta...

And...

'What I would do, therefore, is just mention the words for you to read them from NL.'

The 'them' here is redundant.

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats great SA.
I didnt spot these 2 myself...
I am talking about another one... that still exists.

'Ok, maybe some familiar words, but some of us (including me) would not know the exact meaning'
myself???
Wotsay?
I'm not sure here.
Piyush, kya kehta hai?

And the 2nd mistake - 'them' is redundant.
I didnt realise.
Thats very good SA.
Cmon people, there is one more atleast.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home